Donations With A Difference were proud to present a cheque for £260 to the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance Trust today. DWAD trustee Will Chan visited the life-saving organisation's Marden HQ to hand over the funds raised by our recent World Cup Predictor competition.
- Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance need to raise £6 million per year.
- The average number of call-outs per day is two per region at a cost of approximately £2,500 per call out.
- The helicopter is capable of travelling 150 mph which means it can go from Deal on the East Kent coast to King's College Hospital in London in about half an hour.
The £260 that you helped us to raise might be put to good use as follows:
- £120 for a protective Road Traffic Collision helmet, used by the crew inside crashed vehicles.
- 4 x £33 for specialist bandages designed to actively clot a serious wound.
- £8 for enough drugs to perform a general anaesthetic.